MUSICAL GRANT PROGRAM
FOR PERFORMERS, COMPOSERS, AND PRESENTERS
WHAT DO WE FUND?
The MGP is a music project-based grant opportunity. Eligible expenses include:
• Artist, rehearsal and/or performance fees;
• Direct production costs (sound and video recording and engineering costs, instrument rental, instrument tuning, and/or sound system rental necessary for performance);
• Composer fees for commissioning and/or presentation of a new work and/or associated copying costs;
• PR and marketing costs specific to the project.
WHAT DON’T WE FUND?
• An entire season of concerts (although costs associated with a particular concert or festival are eligible);
• Concerts not open to the general public (i.e., educational or outreach activities at schools or performances exclusively for residents of a senior center, etc.);
• General operating expenses;
• Projects proposed by applicants or their partner(s) where either applicant or their partner’s organization or ensemble has a budget greater than $100,000;
• Purchasing of equipment;
Join Our Mailing List
901 Mission Street, Suite 306
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: (415) 818-2825